BOZAR – Brussels, Belgium
August 27th – September 1st 2019
After the huge success of the ESO projects during ESOF’17 and ESOF’18, the first official European Student Orchestra will be organised. This edition will be special in all different ways. It is the first standalone project of the ESO under the new official identification and will be a teaser for what is to come in summer 2020. Home base will be Brussels, the capital of Europe, with the support of the European Commission and BOZAR Centre For Fine Arts.
What profiles do we want to reach and bring together? All students with a heart for music, whether you study music, medicine, economics, law… you are all welcome to join! We only care about your love of music and enthusiasm to join the orchestra.
Check below for more details and practical information for participants.
Check below for more information about the programme
The first ESO-project will kick off in Brussels, the European capital, under the professional artistic director Benjamin Haemhouts. We will gather to rehearse and prepare for the first official concert of ESO in BOZAR, Centre for fine arts Brussels. Our musical programme consists of:
- Concerto Romanesc by Ligeti
- Symphony no. 1 by Brahms
Concert will take place on 1st of September 2019, 11am. Interested to come and listen to this special project? Make sure to save the date!
Arrival & Departure
We welcome you on Tuesday 27th of August 2019. The ESO team will guide to the check-in and lunch. Afterwards we will start our first rehearsal of the week. In total there are 4 tutti rehearsals and 1 sectional rehearsal scheduled.
After the concert (Sunday 1/09) we will lunch together and afterwards we will say our “see you next years”.
GOOD TO KNOW
- Open your e-mail! All selected musicians have received a confirmation email.
- Transfer the participation fee to the bankaccount of ESOF vzw (stated at the bottom of the website)
- Book your trip to and from Brussels! NOTE: these costs are not covered by the participation fee
- The scores of Brahms and Ligeti will be sent out to the musicians as from 3rd of June after the participation fee is received.
All participants will be staying together in the Bruegel Hostel in the centre of Brussels. You can check out their website where you can find a section “how to get there” for example.
The participation fee covers 5 nights (from Tuesday 27/08 until Sunday 01/09)
- bed linnen is included
- towels are not included, in case you would forget: you could still rent some in the hostel
Heilige Geeststraat 2